It’s been a year-long journey of writing this article series – all so that you can do yourself, what we get paid to do. And often the comment about this DIY content marketing series is “Why would you teach people how to do it themselves?” and “Won’t you lose clients this way?” and this is how I respond.
Business owners and leaders know what they’re talking about, they do what they do because they are good at it (generally speaking). They could easily write articles themselves, but things get in the way – the three biggest obstacles are confidence, time, and discipline to stick to it.
And that’s why we do what we do. We have the skills and talent to bring out of people their messages to their audience. Write it in such a way that their audience will connect, use keywords that will result in articles being found in Google, and an organised plan to keep their website and socials updated, and their newsletters published regularly.
10 benefits of content marketing
I’m sure if you’ve been reading along in real-time, you’re already convinced that content marketing keeps the wheels turning for your online presence – but here’s a recap of the benefits.
- Increase website traffic – by providing links to your website content through your newsletters and on your social media, when people click to ‘read more’, you are driving more traffic to your website – which Google takes note of. If you use evergreen topics in your blogs, they account for an estimated 38% of total web traffic.
- Establish authority – quality content will help you build your authority online and establishing your website as a place to get credible information will mean you’re more likely to rank higher in online search results.
- Create brand personality and fans – more than a logo or tagline, content marketing gives your brand a voice – how you talk to your customers. And when those customers enjoy or value your content, they are more likely to share it with their family and friends.
- Improve conversion rates – content helps your audience connect and gives them the information needed to make educated purchases. Content marketing enjoys website conversion rates that are almost six times higher than those that don’t.
- Establish trust – when you provide valuable information without taking anything in return, your audience is more likely to trust your advice and recommendations.
- Generate more and better leads – after viewing your content, your audience is more likely to purchase from you in the future. And if your content is always finished with a call to action (CTA), then it can generate new leads for your business. Plus, you enjoy an audience who avoids clicking on ads.
- Traction on social media – in this post-covid world, if you haven’t updated your socials, your audience will wonder if your business survived.
- Makes your business more visible – thanks to SEO, consistent and high-quality content (like using the pillar/cluster model), you should start ranking higher in search engine results.
- Save money on your marketing strategy – studies have shown that content marketing, over the last ten years, has remained the most effective marketing strategy available. This is when it’s compared to paid advertisements, video marketing, and traditional marketing.In a nutshell, content marketing answers your audience’s questions to help you build trust, develop relationships, improve conversions, and generate leads.
Home-made Beauty Product
Database: 100+ | Frequency: monthly | Average open rate: 50% (industry average: 16%)
On the days that the newsletter was published, the highlighted product sold twice the usual amount.
Database: 240+ | Frequency: weekly |Average open rate: 51% (industry average: 21%)
With an average open rate of over 50%, this weekly update generates at least one lead per month.
Database: 300+ | Frequency: monthly | Average open rate: 49% (industry average: 22%)
An article that one of the partners wrote on a specific topic when to the first page of Google within a few weeks, ranking them as an authority on the subject.
Database: 2300+ | Frequency: monthly | Average open rate: 38% (industry average: 21%)
The LinkedIn followers on their company page grow by 25% every year because of content marketing.
Call to action
A call to action (CTA) is a marketing term for any prompt for a response – email us now, get in touch, phone here, etc. So if you would like MasterJack to make your content marketing work for your business, drop us an email.